Many homeowners think a little mold is no big deal because they are used to seeing a bit of mold on something they left too long in the refrigerator or out on the kitchen counter. However, mold in your home is not so easily thrown away. Some types of mold are toxic and can be harmful to pets, children, and adults, especially those family members with allergies or asthma.
Mold occurs for many reasons, such as damp areas in your home with high humidity or due to water damage. No matter the reason you have mold in your home, you’ll want someone to fix the problem. You need your home inspected, remediated, and retested to make sure the mold is gone, and you’ll want an expert to do it.